This week is going by so fast. I have been working late or running errands after work so by the time I get home is almost 7pm.By the time I get home everyone had dinner, Troy is bathe and girls are
done almost done with homework.Today I took Sarah to her first high school orientation. She wants to apply for the
IB Program.It was a good meeting, lots of information. i just hope she really stays focus and can handle the huge responsibility this program is. She has to take AP classes her freshman and sophemore year and junior and senior year she has to take all IB classes. For now she already gave her first step into the program(orientation), second step is put her application togetger before February (intent,autobiography,report card,parent support statement & parent survey). Third step personal interview with the IB cordinator and forth but not last meet with her counselor to put her four year plan (every class she has to take for the four years of high school) together. She also understand she has to start working harder on her spanish since one of the many requirements for her to graduate with an IB diploma is to be fluent in a forein language, her options are French and Spanish. hse has been taking spanish for the last three years so she wants to keep taking Spanish.
The program also requires parents to be involve at their school which i don't mind. i did have to ask Sarah about this since I have always volunteer at their schools I thought she might not want me near her while she is in high school.Her answer was "I don't mind, you'll be able to stop me if I'm doing things I'm not suppost to. I might hate it but i know you only want what's best for me" Really!!!! Well we shall see. i am definately going to volunteer at her school, Aislynn's school and soon Troy's school. Oh boy one full time paying job, three full time volunteer jobs. I better start stocking my wine:)
Here is where Sarah will spend the next four years
LQHS.
0 comments:
Post a Comment